Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 2 - Part 2




Okay, so today, John said I could take the dayoff, but I was so pumped to get the demo done and prove that I could do THIS! Well, I was out and about by 8:00a.m. and John needed me to take care of some things for him(ugh) so I started trying to get those day labor guys about 9:00. THe craziest thing happened - not a Mexican to be found anywhere. I have no idea where they all are, but I can usually find some really hard working guys at a plethera of gas stations.


I guess everyone thinks today is a REAL holiday. All our guys took the day off and even Home Depot didnt open until 9:00am. What is the world coming to. So I go to the house just me and the boys again and start working on the base boards and demo and paint of all kinds(I have to put oil-based primer on all the walls because that is the only primer that will seal smells and smoke)


I went across the street to borrow some water and the guy that lives there, Marlin, decided to do the demo for me!! Hallelujah! They had all the gross demo done in less that 2 hours. And he wanted all the metal and appliances (He even got the tub out) I truly am so very thankful. Well, by the time John got to the house at the end of the day (to put the back door in) All the demo was done. He is so proud of us!!!!!
Now I have to put together my budget, I spent about $600.00 in two days. I hope to show you the bathroom getting put back together tomorrow! John's dad said he would do the plumbing for me.

No comments: