Monday, December 31, 2007

First Things, First

Okay, I have to have builders risk insurance on the house, have to have the electricity turned on, order a dumpster and I have to start getting my permit to do the work on the house.

Yesterday we went to Costco and I purchased all the lights for the house for about $80.00. If you can purchase things in bulk and at your own pace, then the deals are endless! The problem comes when you NEED the item right away, so you end up going to Home Depot 12 times a day. THis probably adds 10% - 25% to your materials budget.

You all have to understand something that I figured out a long time ago. John changes his mind about every other hour!!!! What that has to do with this is very simple. We have gone from me doing the entire project with hired help, to John doing it with his guys, to just John in his spare time and back again. UGH!! I HATE CHANGE!!! Well, I go with it and we always figure it out.

No comments: