Thursday, December 20, 2007

The frustration of buying a house!!!!!

Okay, so I am new to this blogging thing and am so nervous about it!.. Why? I have no idea. I guess I am going to so brutally honest on this that it might seem I am not excited about the prospect of flipping a house. Nothing could be farther from the truth!!!!!!!!

We have been in business for 11 years and I have not so silently been at the side of my darling hubby, John the entire time. I have been his secretary, purchase agent, go to girl, lunch lady, party planner, shopper, etc. But This time I get to make DECISIONS!!!!! It seems crazy, but with 3 sons and the knowledge that I hate to cook and clean, I am going to venture into the business world and make a go of it.

All that being said, I might not even have a house to flip!!!!!!! After paying $500.00 for an appraisal, $500 for the seller, and now $250 more to a structural engineer (Tell you about that in a minute) I still do not have a closing date from the investment company.

We found out 2 days ago that "the loan was not available" WHAT?????? I had no idea what that even meant. So after screaming and all that professional stuff (LOL) We spoke with the underwriter of the loan and said that we needed a structural engineer to verify that the house is sound. This house as you can see in the pictures below, had a small kitchen fire and the fire fighters, doing their job, made more of a mess then the fire itself. SO, we had to prove it will be fit for a nice family to live in.

Now we wait. I have purchased only 1 thing for the house as of yet. My idea was to have everything there and ready on day one - life doesnt work that way does it?

I have to figure out how to put pictures on as I know that is the most important part of this blog. Your interest in it is encouraging to me and hopefully we will see a completed house in 30 days.

No comments: